- First of all, you must create an account. The account is used to log into both the game and our website. Click here to open the registration page
- Install World of Warcraft. For Vanilla, this can be aquired via:
- Open up the "World of Warcraft" directory
- Open up the file called "realmlist.wtf" with a text editor such as Notepad. To do this, you must right click on the file and choose properties, then select notepad as the default software for files with the ".wtf" ending. You may also just start the text editor and drag the file into the edit window. If the file is setup as read-only, right lcik on the file and then "properties". Untick the Read-only checkbox. Moving the wow folder out of "Program Files" can also solve this read-only issue on Windows 10.
- Erase all text and change it to:
set realmlist login.nostralia.org
- Make sure you simply click save, instead of "save as" in notepad, as saving as, causes the file to be written in a .txt format, which WoW will not be able to understand.
- Make sure you sign in with your USERNAME. You may now start playing! If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact our GMs through discord, facebook, twitter, the forums, or simply email us at [email protected]
Note: We run a development realm sometimes to test fixes, because of this, you may run into connectivity issues. If you do, try making it to the realm list window before the character selection screen (by pressing "cancel" when you're client is in the process of taking you to the character screen) and selecting the realm Nostralia.
If for any reason you are still having trouble connecting to Nostralia, please feel free to get in touch with us through Discord, our shoutbox, forums, or email!