About Us & Server Rules
Welcome to Nostralia!
We strictly abide by our policies and rules, any culprits will recieve warnings or bans depending on the severity of the crime. We take the authenticity of our server very seriously and in turn will not be lenient in the slightest sense. Rules outline code of conduct, policies outline server politics and how we run this server.
- We are a progressive blizz-like Vanilla WoW server. Besides XP rate modification, there will be absolutely NO other modifications whatsoever.
- We are a NON-PROFIT server.
- There will never be a cash shop nor any pay to win mechanics at all, ever.
- Any donations made will be put directly back into the server in the form of advertisment. Proof will be provided whenever a donation is made.
- We consider the community a vital part of the server and will do our best to listen, cooperate with, and respect each and every one of them.
- We are a crossfaction (Xfaction) PVP server currently, but that is prone to change if the server population reaches a viable threshold for both factions to part ways.
- Attempting to bot, hack, cheat or exploit in any way is a serious violation and will not be tolerated. Those discovered using external software to automate or breach game systems will receive an instant, permanent IP ban without warning. Exploiting game bugs will result in disciplinary action appropriate to the offense. (Up to and including permanent bans). Ignorance will not be considered an excuse.
- Verbally harassing any community member whether in game, on our forums, on our discord or on our social media will result in disciplinary action appropriate to the offense. Be nice, even to your enemies. Those who feel harassed should first make use of ignore and block functions on all platforms. Making additional characters or accounts on any platform, including the game server, in order to bypass block functions is a serious offense and will result in disciplinary action appropriate to the offense up to and including permanent bans.
- Discussing other servers is allowed, however any form of promotion or advertisement is not allowed and will result in an immediate ban.
- Buying/ selling/ trading accounts for gold, items, other accounts, or any in-game services with real money is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban.
- Creating in-game characters or profiles on any of our social media to impersonate staff members is prohibited.
- Account Sharing is permitted. Players are responsible for the integrity of their own account. Any items or gold that goes missing on an account found to be getting account shared, will not be replaced or investigated by the Staff.
- Exploiting server population in order to obtain the Gurubashi Arena event chest is not allowed.
- Griefing: Players can interact in different ways, whether it is in your favor or not: stealing nodes, chests, items, tag stealing mobs, lead monsters to new areas. Staff will not intervene in these situations as there are measures players can take to resolve this. Moreover, civil matters do not concern staff. However:
Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in any world boss encounter with same-faction characters is prohibited.
- Names containing profanity or sexual innuendo are permitted as long as they do not target a particular person or group, either in game or in real life. We do not consider ourselves a family-friendly realm.
- Names may not make reference to historical or current events that may offend a particular person or group.
- Names may not make reference to acts of sexual assault or violence.
- When consulting staff, it is expected of you to do so in a respectful and straightforward manner. Lying, threatening, using profanity, and/or ignoring warnings issued will result in disciplinary action. Furthermore, staff criticism is welcome, however not in a public medium. Please do so directly and privately with staff.
- As a PvP server, we deem all PvP play styles to be valid as they are a part of the game. Killing players of the opposite faction including corpse camping and spirit healer camping is considered a part of the game, and not harassment.
- Win trading is prohibited which includes but is not limited to: battleground and world HK wintrading.
- Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards or players cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.
Warsong Gulch Specific: In addition to the above rule, characters using shapeshift forms, speed boosts or mounts to jump by the opposing teams graveyard/tunnel roofs in Warsong Gulch is allowed. However, any other terrain glitches (eg. stumps) used in WSG will not be tolerated (regardless of how a player may have accessed it).
- Multiboxing is allowed and capped at a maximum of two (2) characters per person. Multiboxing using any form of third party software OR in battlegrounds is strictly prohibited.
- Nostralia considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Nostralia’s in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race. Nonetheless, certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of our rules. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players.
(ii) Anything that Nostralia Staff considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game or that we believe detrimentally impacts the server.